6.2.09

A half century!

I celebrated fifty years of life on January 29. We didn't have a big party, but we did go out to eat at one of our favorite Lebanese restaurants, where they have great hummus (if you don't know what that is, look it up in a good dictionary). Here are Nancy and I toasting all those marvelous years (no wine in glasses).



While we were gone, our pesky neighbors, the Rideouts, decided to decorate our house. They strung black crepe paper from the fan, draped a Happy Birthday sign over our bookshelf, wrote a hand-made card on black construction paper, and gave me a cardboard tie with "Fifty years of Magnificence" on it. Here are some photos of the tie and card. Later, I opened my gifts. I'm still waiting on two packages from family.




The next evening we had cheesecake at our monthly prayer meeting at the Rideout's house. Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts. I got a lot of nice e-mail greetings and some sent cards the old-fashioned way.


"Seventy years are given to us!
Some live even to eighty.
But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble;
soon they disappear, and we fly away....
Teach us to realize the brevity of life
so that we may grow in wisdom." (NLT)

Psalm 90. 10,12

1 comment:

Beth said...

Those Rideouts can be very pesky!:) Happy Birthday!